Thursday, June 16, 2005

Summer Thursday Three!

The always accommodating Papa Possum offers up Very Special Episode of the Axis of Weevil Summer Thursday Three courtesy of Marc Velazquez.

If you're up for a Thursday 3 (or some other day -does it have to be Thursday? - it seems to have gone on vacation) - here's a possibility:

1. Samantha for "Bewitched"--Elizabeth Montgomery or Nicole Kidman? [And since Marc was considerate of the girls amongst you in question 3 below, I would like to add -- Darrin: Dick York or Dick Sargent or Will Ferrell? Ed.]

2. Favorite actor for Batman movies.

3. Favorite Star Wars "hottie" (if you could return to age 22 for one day) For the gals: Harrison Ford or Hayden Christenson (or Ewan McGregor? Samuel L. Jackson?? Yoda???) For the guys: Carrie Fisher or Natalie Portman?


1a) Well I’d have to vote for Elizabeth Montgomery. I loved the original show and I have a hard time envisioning anyone else in the role. She combined a sense of fun with an honest beauty that was not glamorous. Nicole is a fine actress and I think she can give the role some of that sparkle, but she is not Samantha. Oh, and I agree with Terry and all the regulars, Nicole is much too thin. She needs a couple of milkshakes and some cake. Lots of cake; I’ll even send her some.

1b) Dick, Dick or Will? Aw I don’t know. I remember the York episodes better, so I’ll go with him. Will Ferrell has the comedic chops, but I need to see him in the role.

2) Ooo, tough one. So many to choose from. Michael Keaton was very good in the first two movies. He captured that slightly crazed edge that is need in the character. I’m very fond of Val Kilmer, but he was a bit flat in the third movie. I avoided the last one starring George Clooney. Clooney did not seem right for the role; he’s too much of a goof. The new movie looks very interesting. I am intrigued by Christian Bale, but I first need to see the movie before I can pass judgment on him. So I guess I’ll have to go with Michael Keaton.

3a) For me it is between Harrison Ford and Ewan McGregor. Mark Hamilton was never really hot.

In his day Harrison was very hot. Now he is just old. Every time I see him I think to myself “Man is he old.” He really needs to stop getting a tan, his skin is starting to look like shoe leather. He also is getting to be icky from a combination of poor taste in women, odd hairstyles and a tendency to follow the fads of a much younger demographic. What are next, tattoos and a piercing?

I like Ewan when he is clean shaven. I haven’t seen episodes 2 and 3 yet, so I don’t know how hot he is in the movies in question.

So for now it is Harrison Ford circa 1977 to 1983, the hot years.

3b) I have to vote for Carrie. I don’t have a horse in this race, but I think she is wickedly funny and has a woman’s body. Natalie is too waif-like. Maybe I should send her a cake too.

No comments: