Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Artist of The Week: Transformers

This week’s artist is Nate.

justnate
Originally uploaded by Teckelcar.

(As a side note, his bangs are growing back after his last self-haircut. I hope he will not repeat that stunt. I might just shave him and be done with it. But it would be a shame; he’s much cuter with hair.)

A few months ago he got bit by the Transformers bug and made these:

transformers
Originally uploaded by Teckelcar.

I love all the colors. With their clunky and mismatched arms and legs they really do look like Transformers.

It was funny, at the time he was very gung ho about making them. He carefully drew the figures, colored them in and then cut them out. He even mentioned that they might be good enough for artist of the week. So we put them safely aside and completely forgot about them. As I was moving papers about yesterday I rediscovered them and decided to share.

No comments: