Monday, June 22, 2009

Anybody There?


anybody there
Originally uploaded by Teckelcar
In addition to guard duty the red boys are also greeters. I mentioned the other day that they got to greet someone when they were outside. This picture shows what it's like when the doorbell rings and they are inside.

After the initial sounding of the doorbell there is a stampede towards the front door. Both kids and dogs rush to see who has stopped by. In order to open the door I have to wade my way through the crush of bodies.

Theoretically the dogs should wait before going outside, but the excitement of the doorbell erases such niceties. I try to snag collars or get the kids to help hold the dogs back when I open the door. If it's a known dog lover I don't worry too much, but even I find their combined greeting a bit much.

At least they are friendly or as I like to say, they are viscous dogs, not vicious.

No comments: