Thursday, January 04, 2007

Thursday Three: Shiny!

To kick off the new year Terry presents us with an all new and possibly shiny Thursday Three.

So Fresh, So NEW!

So VERY 2007ish!

Of what do we speak? Why the All New, Super Terrific, Two Thousand Seven, Axis of Weevil Thursday Three!

What with a brand new year ahead of us, why don’t we find some bright shiny new questions and see what people have to say!

::looking around for shiny things::

Hmm.

Well.

Okay, so these are going to be pretty much like any of the other set of three questions we’ve ever asked. Just play along and act like they’re fresh and exciting.

1) What new thing would you like to attempt in the New Year?

2) What one new thing do you really, REALLY need (not want, but truly need) to have?

3) What grungy old ramshackle thing do you have that you should replace with something shiny and new but just can’t bring yourself to make the switch?

SO, there you go--all of you rush out and purchase some nice new thinking caps and either answer in the comments below or leave a link to your blog and we’ll come over and oooh and ahhhh over it! Remember, anyone can play along, even if you’re a raging kainophobe!


Oooo! So Shiny! And New!

Erm, sorta, well not really unless you squint and tilt your head, but that's never stopped me.

1) I can't think of any new things I'd like to attempt this year. I think I would like to rejoin the paid workforce this fall when Max and Rebecca start kindergarten, but that is not really something new.

2) I really need to get the light in the brown-eyed boys' room replaced. It shorted out a long time ago and I tried to get an electrician to come and then I forgot about it. It really needs to be done. I would also like to replace my wall oven that is coupled with an obsolete microwave with a double oven, but that is more of a want than a need.

3) I don't know if this qualifies, but I do have an armchair that desperately needs to be recovered. It is quite grungy and old. But do to budgetary restraints and the fact that I'm loath to get nice furniture before certain members of the family stop jumping on the furniture I'm not going to make the switch. I just keep reminding myself that it's an antique.

That's it for me, I'm not that exciting this week. I guess I'm not one of those shiny and new types.

No comments: