Saturday, March 12, 2005

Stupid Dishwasher

I’m just sitting here puttering around thinking I’ll get to bed at a decent hour. John asks to be let out so I get up and go to the door.

I then notice IT, IT being a small lake under our kitchen table. At first glace I thought the dogs, but IT was too big. I don’t think even a dozen dachshunds could produce that much liquid. But where did IT come from?

I then hear the sound of water pouring from the dishwasher.

I rush over and cancel the cycle. The machine claims to drain and shut down. Inside is another story. Apparently it was no longer draining. I was puzzled that the overflow valve did not work.

So now I get to mop and bail. Happy, happy, joy, joy.

After awhile I realize that water is still coming into the machine.

So more mopping, more bailing.

Now I need to find the cut-off valve. I poke around under the sink and stomp around under the house. Finally after returning to under the sink and looking in the farthest corner from the dishwasher I find it. Success! No more water going into the dishwasher. Finally I break down and get the wet vac. It is very noisy, but now I don’t care if I wake everyone up. I’m tired. Once everything is squared away I then finish my previous post.

I’m just glad I had not turned on the dishwasher and gone too bed. It would have been much worse. The first picture in this article shows how I feel.

So guess what I’ll be doing the next couple of days. Paper plates seem like a good idea.

No comments: