Thursday, March 17, 2005

Thursday Three! The Musical!


Rebecca and Nate at the piano Posted by Hello

Over at Possumblog it’s time for the Axis Of Weevil Thursday Three!
Jim Smith suggested the following three questions:
In honor of Larry learning to play the bass guitar, a musical Thursday Three:
1. What instrument do you play?
2. Which one do you wish you could play if time and talent were not involved?
3. Have you ever taken lessons for an instrument or voice and how did it go?

1.) I don’t actually play any instruments. But, our older two children are taking piano lessons. Ms. Ryan is a great teacher and comes to our home (Wahoo! No carting the kids around!). Since I am the one overseeing their practice (You WILL practice the piano or no computer time! Ahhhh!) I have been forced to learn some piano. I can slowly puzzle out simple pieces of music and plunk them out on the piano. Jake and Nate are much better at it than I. Fortunately I can listen to them play a piece and point out where they went wrong.

2.) I do like the piano and it would be nice to know what I am doing. I also have a fondness for violins and flutes.

3.) I briefly took flute lessons in grade school. I dropped out when I found out that I would have to play in the school band. I think I might have gotten something out of it, but it was many moons ago for a very short period of time.

No comments: